· Title: INDANGANGU
· Creator: Ada Andy Napaltjarri
· Date Created: 2005
· Location: Karrinyarra, Western Desert, Northern Territory, Australia
· Physical Dimensions: w58 x h32 cm
· Type: Painting, Acrylic on Linen
· Rights: Karrinyarra Artists
This is one of a few paintings where real life of story i.e. Food: Witchity Grub - Fruit. These were quickly replaced by traditional motifs.
Site is salt lake west of Mt Wedge.Bush tomato PUNYA Bush fruit, witcetty grub PIYANPA.. Custodians Skins, Napaltjarri and Nungurrayi women.
Painting is in a mandarla form where the story is narrated by 4 corner cluster os 4 women sitting about a sacred teminus.
Here we witness an gratitude and increment customary ceremony for these foods.